Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Throw Pillow Facelift

I realize the irony of completing this project right after my last post about decorating for the season because there is nothing seasonal about these pillows.  Anyways, I've had yucky old cheap throw pillows on my couch for a year now. They were originally there just to hold us over until I found some that I really liked to go with my decor. Well, it's been a year now and although I've found a ton of cute throw pillows, I can't justify spending $10 to $30 dollars each, especially when I want six.

So, the other day, while perusing IKEA (loooove IKEA), I came accross their fabric. I have heard that IKEA has fabric, but have never taken the time to check it out. The selection isn't that great, but for my purposes, it was perfect. I didn't even go to IKEA to find fabric, so this was an added bonus. Anyways, here's what I found...


The stripe and print were $7.99/yard and the solid was $3.99/yard. Not too bad for a nice heavy weight fabric and perfect for throw pillows. 

So, farewell yucky, cheap-o throw pillows, you will not be missed...


And hello, freshly covered, beautiful, new throw pillows...




And I must mention that this was so incredibly easy to do (I'm a very, very amateur sewer). I just sewed the two sides and top together with fabric right side together, turn right side out, stuffed my pillow in there, pinned up the bottom, and top stitched closed. All six pillows took me less than two hours. And if Nug Buns actually took naps then I would say this is the perfect nap time project, but she doesn't.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment