Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Car Seat Blanket

While blog surfing last night, I came across a tutorial for a Ribbon Blanket from The Crafty Cupboard.

I used this tutorial as inspiration to make Nug Buns a Ribbon Blanket that I'm now naming the Car Seat Blanket. Nug Buns now loves to have toys to hang on to while we're riding in the car, but when she drops the toy... well, you know how that story ends. When I saw the Ribbon Blanket I immediately thought that I could use it to attach her toys to while she's in the car seat. The toys will only go as far as the blanket.

So, using some ideas from The Crafty Cupboard, I whipped this little number up in about an hour.


 (Sorry for the terrible night time picture!)

Here's what I did:
-I used some of Nug Bun's old receiving blankets because we don't use them much anymore and they're too soft and cozy to not do anything with
-I cut 13"x13" squares of three different blankets and green minky dot fabric
-I added warm and natural batting to give the blanket some more substance and make it heavier (so it won't easily fall off Nug Buns lap while in the car seat!)
-I top stitched around each square to reinforce the batting

Other than those adjustments, I followed along with THIS tutorial.

Onto the next project. I'm going to try and finally refinish a bookshelf that I picked up for free on the side of the road a few month ago. And since this week's theme on Crafting with the Stars over at Sew Dang Cute is paint I thought this would be the perfect week to attempt to get this done!


No comments:

Post a Comment