Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baby Owl Dress

I finished my first dress tonight. It feels so good. It's adorable (in my humble opinion) and I wish I could take all the credit... but, I can't. My mom helped me out every step of the way with this little gem. I haven't sewn an article of clothing in.... oh, about 15 years (yes, that would make me 10 years old... I know!). Let's just say I'm a little rusty. Regardless, our hard work paid off and I can't wait to get little Nug Buns in this thing.


And no outfit is complete without a little somethin' somethin' for the hair, right? 

I've really been into headbands with detachable clippies since Nug Buns was born, but lately I've been more into just clipping a little barette right onto her hair. I think it makes her look more grown up... if that's even possible for a 5-month-old. I got the inspiration for this little clippie from Sewing in No Man's Land and you can find the tutorial HERE. I didn't feel like going all out with the headband, although I love it and will soon make one. All I gotta say is Kelly is one amazing mama. I've got at least ten of her projects on my ever expanding to-do list. 







No comments:

Post a Comment