Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Decorating Seasonally

For whatever reason, now that I'm a Mom, I feel like I need to decorate for the seasons/holidays. In the past, I've just decorated with what I want, when I want, not really paying any attention to seasons or holidays (with the exception of Christmas). Even though Eva is only 5 months old and will likely not remember autumn of 2010 or Halloween, I still really wanted to get pumpkins and make my entry way look fall-ish.

So, we went to the pumpkin patch this last weekend. Not only did we get three (daddy, mommy and baby) pumpkins, but we also scored some adorable pictures of Nug Buns. Such as....


I wanted a wreath for the front door, too, and while purusing Goodwill last week I found a half-finished wreath project that someone abandoned and I picked it up for two bucks! And Michael's already had their fall garland on sale for 60% off (I'm not sure why - it's not even Halloween yet!), but I was happy because I was able to make this...


... for under 10 bucks!

Now my front porch looks like this...


... and I'm a happy girl. And, strangely, I feel more motherly by decorating seasonally. Happy Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment