Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Perfect Little Party Dress

A few months ago I came across Heidi & Finn patterns. One word... adorable. I've had my eye on the Perfect Little Party Dress pattern and finally got around to making one for Nug Buns last night. 



I absolutely adore it and love how simple it was to make. Heidi & Finn provided awesome step-by-step instructions with pictures which made making this baby a breeze! I think my favorite part is the bow. It can be tied in the front, or the back, but I think I love the tied-in-the-front look the best. Although, I'm thinking that Nug Buns will be able to untie it all day if it's in the front. Hmmm... I may have to re-think that one. I made this in size 12 months, which is actually really huge for Nug Buns right now. She's 8 months, and although she wears 9 month, or sometimes 12 month, size clothes right now, I forgot that hand-made items generally run more true to size. I'm thinking about trimming up the pattern to make a smaller version that she can wear to my niece's upcoming baptism. 

If you haven't checked out Heidi & Finn on etsy you should. You'll love the patterns. I promise.

Happy New Year!



1 comment:

  1. I love this dress, so cute and great fabric!
    i featured it today on my blog:
    http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/2011/01/projects-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete