Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Simple Sewing for Baby #1

I'm so excited about my new book "Simple Sewing for Baby" by Lotta Jansdotter. There are so many fun, easy projects to choose from. 

The first one I chose was perhaps the easiest, a Velcro pouch. I feel kind of lame even admitting that I couldn't just whip one of these up all by myself, but it was nice to just follow along and not have to think about the measurements. 

It's a cute little pouch that will now serve as a catch-all for Nug Bun's things that I throw in my purse. I don't always like to lug around the diaper bag, so often times I just toss a toy, binky, diaper, and small wipes case into my purse. And then they float around in there with whatever else I've thrown in and I have to dig and dig to find a binky when she's screaming in her car seat. Less than ideal, let me tell you.

So, a Velcro pouch was the solution.









The fabric is Amy Butler and I absolutely love it. So, there you have it...an easy Velcro pouch. 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I hate digging around for a binky too. Such a pain. It almost looks easy enough that I could sew it :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how streamlined it is....cute fabric, too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete