Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Calendar

I finished my advent calendar just in the nick of time. I was sewing along with Homemade by Jill. I'm so thankful for the sew along because I certainly would not have thought to made an advent calendar, let alone actually complete it! I'm more of a quick and easy project kind of girl, but I'm happy I stuck with it and finished (although I wanted to scrap the whole thing after I saw some of the other calendars being made... there are some seriously talented ladies out there in the blogosphere!). 

Anyways, here's what I ended up with...




Overall, I'm pleased with the final product. Of course, there are some things I would change, but I keep telling myself that Nug Buns is not going to notice that a few of the pockets are slightly crooked or that I'm pretty terrible at embroidery. My husband just kept saying "that's part of the charm," which I'm translating too "yes, it does look like a five year old made that."

Thanks Jill for the inspiration! Be sure to check out some of the other advent calendars HERE for ideas and tips. 

So, the to-do list keeps growing, but I'm sticking with my original list. Next up, more Christmas decor... stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever! That looks awesome! Good job, I totally never got past cutting the squares for the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie! My work doesn't stand a chance against yours, though :) I was rooting for you the whole time during Crafting with the Stars!

    ReplyDelete