Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tree Skirt Gone Wrong

I am thoroughly disappointed with how my tree skirt turned out. It went all wrong from the beginning. I should have scrapped the idea early on, but I kept thinking I could "make it work."

The pattern was three large stars that got layered on top of each other. The biggest start called for 1 and 1/8 yard, but it was too small, so my stars didn't have perfect points at the ends. No big deal, right? I figured I was going to cover it with trim anyhow. Well, then I didn't have enough trim. So I didn't put trim on the back side that is hidden by the tree, but I know it's back there, unfinished, so it's driving me nuts.

And aside from all that, I just think the star looks ridiculous. I don't know what I was thinking. I thought it would be cute, but it's not. I should have gone with the traditional, round tree skirt. I guess I'll be making a new one next year.

What was I thinking?!?!  It's so understated down there, and we only got a 4 foot tree!
 


I didn't even pick up the needles around the tree to take a picture. That's how much I dislike this tree skirt!



No comments:

Post a Comment