Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Art

My stash of Christmas decor is weak to say the least. We've moved so much over the past 5 years that I haven't invested time or money into seasonal decor. This year, being Nug's first Christmas (not that she'll remember it), I wanted to decorate a lot more for Christmas. 

I got the inspiration for this project from a brand inspired knock-off project I saw during Crafting with the Stars over at Sew Dang Cute.



I love this project for many reasons, most importantly being that it only took about an hour! I'm SO an instant gratification kind of girl, so if I can finish a project in one night I'm more inclined to do it. I would never hack it as a quilter - too time consuming! :) 

Here's a little run down of this project, in case you're interested...

Materials used:
3 - 8"x8" canvas board
brown acrylic paint
foam brush
scrapbook paper
modge podge
scissors

*If you were one of the lucky ducks that won a Silhouette during one of the several giveaways last week this would be the project to use it with and if so, I'm sooo jealous! 

Anyways, back to it here... here's the nitty gritty... paint canvas brown, cut out letters (i did it by hand because I like that they're funky looking and not perfectly straight), apply modge podge to back of letter and stick 'em on, decorate with whatever else you'd like (I kept it simple with the stars and tree), the modge podge all over the canvas to seal the letters in place. Easy, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment