Monday, November 15, 2010

One of those days...

Today was one of those days... you know, those days, where no matter how hard you try your baby won't take a nap (and didn't sleep well last night), you're exhausted, nothing is getting done and it's just flat out frustrating...

I needed to do something, anything, to bust out of the funk. So, I sewed.

We are full fledged into the world of solids and with that comes the need for bibs and lots of 'em!



I'm happy with how it turned out considering it was my first attempt. It's so easy, even YOU can do it (yes, you!). I traced around a burp cloth that we use all the time, cut out a piece of flannel and a piece of terry cloth (so you can use it as a wash cloth to clean up the mess). The trickiest part of this whole thing was the button hole. My sewing machine has one of those fancy button hole feet that is supposed to make making button holes a breeze....yeah, no breeze felt over here! After messing with it for an hour, I gave up and asked my mom to come over and show me how to make button holes the good ol' fashioned way. It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. If you don't want to go through the trouble, though, just sew a piece of velcro on there and call it good.

Next up, a coffee cup cozie using this tutorial from House on Hill Road. This baby took 15 minutes. Seriously. We all have 15 minutes to spare, right? OK, maybe not, but it was so easy and I love a little instant (or 15 minute) gratification! I called my hubby up and asked him to bring me a pumpkin spice latte after work so I could show off my new creation.


This baby is mine, but I will definitely be making a few of these puppies as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment