Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Book Review: The Art of Racing in the Rain

I recently finished reading "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein for my book club. I don't think this is a book that I normally would have chosen for myself to read, but I'm glad that it was on the book club list because I enjoyed it very much.

It's unlike any other book I've read because it's written by a dog. Well, not actually by a dog, but it's written from a dog's perspective. Enzo, the dog, to be exact. The book takes place in Seattle which was fun for me because I live only an hour south of the Emerald City. 

While this book definitely tugs at the heart strings, it's also a powerful tale of the strength and loyalty of family. I don't wait to give anything away because I think this is a great read, but I will leave you with this: ill mother, crazy grandparents, dad chasing a dream, wonderful little girl, and human-like dog. I'm sure most of us can relate to at least a few of those, so that alone makes this book an easy one to connect to.



No comments:

Post a Comment