Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Apples

Remember that big ol' box of apples? I still have it. I've been staring at it all week thinking that I really need to do something, anything with those apples. So, today I made pie filling to freeze. Since I've never done this before I decided to start small (and not make filling out of the entire box of apples).

So, I got started...


I used about 15 medium sized Granny Smith apples and placed them in a stockpot with 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Then, let the apples sit for about 30 minutes.



After sitting, the juices from the apples begin to fill the pot. I cooked the apples over medium heat until sauce thickened.


By this point, this apple goodness was smelly so yummy that I decided to make a pie tonight and only freeze half of the filling. 


And, boy, I'm sure glad I did. It was delicious. I even forgot to take a picture before diving right in!


No comments:

Post a Comment